Worm identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im very confident there are midge fly. Its hard to always ID by pictures on a cell. But its my day job im pretty confident.

Im very confident there are midge fly. Its hard to always ID by pictures on a cell. But its my day job im pretty confident.
Curious what's your day job?

Anyways well is that typically what midge Flys turn into? I swear I can almost see a head on one them.

That is the larvae stage you may very well see a head beginning to form.

Lol. Not big deal. More than likely youve seen them many times and never thought twice. Many of our plants are grown emersed. I had some in my tank at start up.

Lol. Not big deal. More than likely youve seen them many times and never thought twice. Many of our plants are grown emersed. I had some in my tank at start up.
I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I'm thinking depending on the fish you have and the size, could be a good treat for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm thinking depending on the fish you have and the size, could be a good treat for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Unfortunately no fish so they got to go.

Not familiar with dunks. I know what they are but no knowledge.
So update, I've stopped seeing them in their red form but I've seen them in the silver about to hatch form and a a few that have hatched.

The ones that have hatched in the top of the tank are fruitfly sized and green. Does that sound like a midge?

Back
Top Bottom