worms everywhere and tang ill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbseven

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tang wont eat and there are clear real small (almost to small to see) worms in my tank. I saw a couple a couple days ago now there are a 50-100. What are they and what can I do. They wont show on my camera.

How old is your tank?
What are you water parameters?
What are you feeding the tang and how long have you had him?
How did you acclimate him?

-tank is 1 1/2 years old
-the fish is 1 year old in a 29 fowlr tank with on inverts
-we would try to feed him packaged green, brown or red algea, "nori" or "Sea Veggies" or "Seaweed Salad" but mostly he like pellets for months and would rarely eat "common" tang food but loved marine gro saltwater fish food.

What type tang is he?. Other than not eating is he doing anything out of the ordinary.

worms in that great a number means that they have stuff to feed off of. Their population is controlled by the availablity of food for them. With that many worms, I am guessing your nitrates are through the roof. Possibly even ammonia and nitrite. Please give water test results for this.

The other issue is the size of tank. There is no tang that is suitably sized for a 29 gallon. Eventually they stress out and their health suffers. This too, could be part of what you are seeing.

pH- 8.4, Nitrate - 10
Salinity - 1.023
Ammonia 0
Nitrite - 0.

Im not where the tank is located My g/f tested it herself and brought a sample to the lfs. He has not eaten for 2-3 days from that we could see and he spins. He looks dark. Like when the lighting first turns on. But hes always like that now. We have a 55 gal that has not cycled yet and a 10 gallon qt tank. But I dont want to stress him anymore

We still need to know what type coral he is. Making the move to the 55 will be a good move whenever possible. Some of the problem can be as Hara said contributed to a too small tank. I hope he recovers.

I`m thinking PWC`s might help. When was the last time you did one? Some times when a fish just spins and twist around they have a swim bladder problem. When he swims does he jerk and swim all over the place and sometimes upside down.

Back
Top Bottom