Worms in the water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ozydego

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, I did a major water change tonight and turned off the filters so I wouldnt disturb my BB with the new water before I primed it. As I was filling the tank back up I noticed a hair twirling around... I took a closer look and it changed movements and directions and I saw that it was a very thin clear worm, looking closer then, I saw a second. I didn't have anything to take a video, then they were gone back away from the glass?? Any ideas what I have living in my tank? No fish yet, actually was going to go to the store tomorrow as my fish less cycle has just finished... Any concerns with this?

Did some more digging, pretty sure they are not planaria as they are not white, and way to long and skinny to be a nematode... Stumped

Doing more research I guess they could be planaria, but just so thin yet that they didn't show white... They are always described as hairs.... I did the fish less cycle, and I did throw in just the tiniest pinch of food at the beginning... Was thinking planaria again, cause they could feed on that food.... Basically since I cannot find anything else besides planaria, I am saying that's what they are... Hopefully my corys will take care of them... A good snack.

Back
Top Bottom