Worms or normal poop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Milano11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I finally got burned by not quarantining fish. Had what I belive is a nasty parasite from my lfs when adding a juvie uaru. They had 3, but only sold me one saying the other 2 didnt look great(looked fine to me) apparanty they knew something I didnt because within days my uaru was covered in ich and my fish started dropping like flies. Lost 4 salvani, school of 17 tiger barbs, texas cichlid, 6 inch red shoulder severum. 3 acara i bought that same day, and some others. I kept checking in on the other 2 uaru and about a week and a half later i went back to find them basically laying on the gravel looking so sickly, and apparantly one of the ownershad ordered me 2 new uaru and when I told them what happened they gave me them free of charge, and now theyre in QT. I dealt with the ich fine, the other fish started dying and I believe i had some parasite/columnaris. Now im paranoid about the poop my red spotted severum is taking. any thoughts on if this looks normal or worms? Hes still in QT about a week and a half away from going into the 265.
I treated with rid ich, general cure and levamisole.

Attachments

• F5FCB3A7-7459-42BF-9FAF-51C41456F3F7.jpg
    F5FCB3A7-7459-42BF-9FAF-51C41456F3F7.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 90
The poo looks odd, but I haven't actually ever seen their poop so not sure on that.

Similar situation had happened to me - so very terrible. The feeling of not being able to stop it, quickly enough. Columnaris the slower not super fast kind, but fast enough to wipe out half a 72G. Before that I hadn't really had a bad group of fish/kill off my tank.

QT now though. Weeks not just days of QT.

EDIT: Also I now feed the new guys coming home to me dewormer medication as recommended on the type of dewormer.

Back
Top Bottom