worried about Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkpgh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, everyone. My Cory has been bracing very oddly for about 2 days and I am increasingly worried about him. He had been alternately extremely lethargic and then frantically swimming around in bursts. His breathing is rapid at times, even when lethargic. No apparent injury. Water chemistry us where it always is. Higher Ph but all else in good range. I do regular water changes on Friday but did one tonight due to worry. He immediately behaved normally again but reverted within 30 minutes to odd behavior. The other occupants are danios and snails, so no symptoms there. I really like this guy! Any one have ideas what to do?

Is he eating good? Does he look bloated? My pleco got that way and wouldn't eat and was bloated, I fed peas until he got better. Hope this helps

He ate after the water change but only for a few minutes. Then zipped around again and then hid. Should I try a food change? They just get tropical flakes.

Try feeding canned peas for a like a week or so they are safe for all the fish to eat, if its a diet problem those with help, they have a shell like thing on the outside you have to take off, and you may want to mash them up so smaller fish can eat them

Back
Top Bottom