Worried about my green terror eggs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really just need to know about the eggs right now i can worry about the tank after

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I took the meeks out and my other oscar will not b in there tomorrow

I really just need to know about the eggs right now i can worry about the tank after

That bacteria (nitrates/ammonia ect) could kill the fry anyway, so it would be better to deal with that first. You need to notch water quality to raise any baby fish.

Edit - will harm the adult fish as well

Btw what is a meek?

Yea i put the meeks in the 10 gal and i will get some stuff in the am to treat the water for nitrates and ammonia

Sent from my C5155 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea i put the meeks in the 10 gal and i will get some stuff in the am to treat the water for nitrates and ammonia

You need to do water changes, not treat the water. Unless you ran out of dechlorinator.

Basically right now your fish are swimming around in a toilet. You need to do water changes to get rid of the waste and to bring the toxins down. Treating with chemicals isn't going to do anything for the problem.

Also putting the other fish in the 10 gallon tank is going to cause the same problems there. Take them back to the store or give them away.

I just did a 75 % water change and i did run out of almost every thing i had my tank is usually never this cloudy because i keep up with it.. and the other 2 fish are only in there till i can set up my other one ..

Best of luck getting those water parameters on the right track, as others have said, whether the eggs are viable or not means nothing if the fry will die due to the water quality anyways. If your filter isn't able to keep up with all the waste, I'd suggest getting some Seachem Stability to help the BB a bit, it's not a cure to the problem, but it could help as you do more PWC.

Back
Top Bottom