Worried about weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yakdagnals

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just set up my new 90 gallon tank but now I'm having concerns about the strength of my floors I keep getting mixed answers from many differnt places can anyone help?

How old is the home? Is it one the first floor, second? Is it positioned across multiple floor Joyce? Is it up against the outside walls or ober a suport beam?

It's parallel with a beam of an outside wall of the house first floor and I'm not positive but think the house was built in mid to late 50s

I don't know how tho I would need to see pictures in order to be able to do it proper

All you do is buy about six cement blocks depending on how far your dirt is from beams then shim it to fit. It cost me under twenty bucks to do mine.

Oh no I have a basement below me so what would I do in that situation?

Just buy some two by six or two by fours and cross brace . Depends on what size boards you have under it now. Also is the floor sinking?

It doesn't appear to be the water is more to one side of the tank but it was like that with much smaller tank so almost positive it has nothing to do with it

It means most likely your tank isn't level you need to put a level on the top of it and check and if un level shim under the stand . As for the bracing 2by4 are only 3 bucks apiece go by two and brace it anyways it's not hard and would make you sleep better at night lol.

It's almost 330 I've been worrying about this for a while now lol I just wanna go to sleep I just don't wanna wake up to the sound of my tank going thru the floor

Look in your basement where the tank is at if the boards aren't bending and it's not creaking you should be fine I left my 150 unbraced for the weekend and it drove me nuts lol.

No bending or creaking I feel like if I turned the tank so it was across a bunch of beams instead of riding two I'd feel better as well and I can't imagine howuch stress I'd have with an in braced 150 lol

Ya I would put it against the wall if it has cross beams going different direction then the wall. Remember your water alone is 720 pounds or more .

I think I'm going to have to so that in the morning to late to do it now I'll just have to hope for the best haha

Back
Top Bottom