Would a 125 gallon aquarium be big enough for these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kookie Snatcha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if a 125 gallon aquarium would be big enough for fiddler crabs, and columbian sharks to live together. Also if they can't live together what would be some suitable tank mates for the fiddler crabs cause the crabs are in the tank right now. Also here's some more information, the aquarium has sand on the bottom, the sg is about 1.008, and the crabs have land but it doesn't require the water level to be lowered. Thanks for the help!

the crab couldnt do anything to a columbian shark. the shark would almost definitely eat the crab the instant it hit the water

the crab couldnt do anything to a columbian shark. the shark would almost definitely eat the crab the instant it hit the water
My thoughts exactly. I am also concerned with the shark not getting enough swimming space since part of the tank will be shoreline...

Since this is probably the 6th thread on the EXACT same issue, please post a full tank picture, otherwise the advice you're gonna get is based on assumptions. Plus, in several other threads, you were told what can or should live with the fiddlers. Asking multiple times in the same forum will not yield different answers. My advice to you is move the crabs to a smaller, species specific tank, and use the 125 as a larger brackish setup...Fish just won't mix well with crabs in the long run IMO

Here's some photos of the tank.

Attachments

• SD532168.jpg
    SD532168.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 93
  • SD532164.jpg
    SD532164.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 116
So the little enclosure with the palm is the "beach" for the crabs? Do you pump air into it to keep it from filling with water? Where do the crabs get into it? It's pretty hard to tell from the pictures.

Ya, i'm not very good at taking pictures lol. The crabs get in through the part in the front and through a hole in the side, and the airline hose in the background is pumping air into it. while new air comes in the old air comes out through that tube in the side that is letting bubbles out.

Back
Top Bottom