Would a larger common pleco be a danger to flat&smaller fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darkkan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75gal and i like the way plecos look
I know they get around two feet but I'll be able to transfer him when the time comes
But for the time being would a four inch plec be a danger to flat fish such as angels and gouramis? I heard they could sometimes suck the slime off flat fish and stress em out

I've never personally saw a pleco suck on another fish but honestly commons are very dirty fish as all plecos are they eat waste algae etc etc, they're are so many other beautiful plecos out there why did you choose a common? I know this wasn't the topic just curious.. But no not in my opinion on hurting the other fish I've always had a pleco from common to bristle nose and never saw them attack another fish, just do not get a Chinese algae eater they stop eating algae when they're bigger and get very aggressive.

I've never personally saw a pleco suck on another fish but honestly commons are very dirty fish as all plecos are they eat waste algae etc etc, they're are so many other beautiful plecos out there why did you choose a common? I know this wasn't the topic just curious.. But no not in my opinion on hurting the other fish I've always had a pleco from common to bristle nose and never saw them attack another fish, just do not get a Chinese algae eater they stop eating algae when they're bigger and get very aggressive.

I like the way commons look when they get bigger I guess lol but I think I might go with bristle nose and yeah I've heard that about the Chinese algae eaters I heard they get to a fairy large size too

Commons just get to big for my tank and Yes the Chinese do and they are mean, have you looked at the more colorful bigger plecos like the red fin there are just way to many to type out lol

Back
Top Bottom