Would a parrot cichlid go with 2 nyererei and 1 peacock cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sai Sauce

Aquarium Advice Activist
It's in my brothers 90 gallon, and I been wanting a parrot cichlid for a while. So can it? It's a small size at Walmart (my walmart takes pretty good care of them).

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would advise against. It is not the best idea to mix different world cichlids together. Also the parrot is a fish that is hybridized by humans causing the bodily defects that cause them to be "cute". There are several effects of the hybrid crossing that are not good for the fish.

I would advise against. It is not the best idea to mix different world cichlids together. Also the parrot is a fish that is hybridized by humans causing the bodily defects that cause them to be "cute". There are several effects of the hybrid crossing that are not good for the fish.

Your right like the teeth in it's throat and the beak shaped mouth. BUT the fish are absolutely amazing when they grow out. Let me show you mine. But I agree that the two species are not recommended to be mixed. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407985531.811720.jpgI think those species would be okay. I wouldn't do it. It might not be the happiest parrot fish because the other cichlids will cause some problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom