Would it be possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artoledo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have PC's in my current setup. Would it be possible to add T-6's to the current setup i have?

T5s? I have not heard of T6s, I have heard of T5, T8 and T10s...

I saw some bulbs labeled T-6 at my local HD. Either way, lets say i wanted to add T-5 to my current PC setup. What would be the effects of this if any?

I'm not sure if I understand the question, but here it goes.
You will have more wattage and you could have different spectrums of color, does that help?

I've never seen anyone use T6 over their aquarium either, but have noticed it becoming more popular on the net (and ebay) for aquarium lighting. Supposedly like a T5, but cheaper. I dunno. Regardless, T5's are more powerful than PC bulbs, so the added light would be great.

To get the full benefit of T5, look for a High Output ballast/system and a system with individual reflectors vs. the single reflector. Without a HO T5 system, I'd say the effect on your tank would be minimal. If you can find a T5 HO system to add to your tank, it would increase your coral options for sure I'd imagine. T5 also penetrates deeper than PC bulbs, which is nice.

HTH

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom