would like as much advice on planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jordanlee123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So hi every one Im goin to start a new tank and goin to take my Time with it what do I need what are the typed of planets and gravel sand stone and everything les in between this will be my first planted tank so tell me as much as you no I will have about 40 gal tank long tropical no fish yet as will decide once I done tank thanks all

Your plant choices will depend on your fish choices. Plants grow better in soil than they do gravel alone. If you are starting a planted tank, get the plants established first so they can benefit your cycling process. This is the time to use tabs and ferts. Take your time as suggested, and do one step at a time. this is NOT something you can hope to accomplish in a weekend, but rather 6 to 8 weeks for the plants alone. Listen to rivercats....you have a gold mine there....believe me!
D

Hope you read the articles. Now the next step is to decide do you want to do an easy low light set up or medium or higher light set up which will require using ferts and either CO2 or liquid carbon. Plants you get will depend on the lighting you choose. Also I suggest looking at some of the commercial plant substrates. Sand is okay, gravel IMO isn't the greatest in planted tanks, dirted tanks IMO aren't a good choice for first time planted tank hobbyist, but a commercial substrate IMO is a good choice to start with. Personally I like and use Eco Complete in all my tanks.

I only started to cycle tank and I got plenty if time to see what I will like and thanks all again for hhelp I'm goin to research and take my time with the New tank

Keep in mind that certain plants do well at lower temps, while still others benefit from warmer temps. The same is true of fish, so try to choose plants and fish that do well in the same temperature band.
D

Ok will do will s're if I can find plants from the same living of the fish in wild if u get what I mean

Back
Top Bottom