Would like to change color temp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThrowedToad

Aquarium Advice Freak
I now have a 130w coralife with one 65w 10000K and one 65w actinic over my 29 gal "reef in progress" tank which is just over 4w per gallon if I am not mistaken. I like the way 14000k looks and it's time for new bulbs. I have found a website that sells 14000k 65w bulbs for my system, but it says it is %75 actinic.? Here is the link

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/Re...ue_Powercompact_(Straight_Pin)_by_UV_Lighting

Would this be a feasible bulb for my light or will it not provide enough daylight for the LPS, and SPS I would like to keep in the future? :confused:

That's a good bulb. UVL is a quality manufacturer.
That being said, you won't have much success trying to keep SPS corals under PC lighting. If you want to keep SPS, look into a T5HO fixture.

OK thank you. I am also looking into a MH, what would be the best wattage and what kind of actinic would I suppliment it with?

If this is for your 29g tank, you can look into something like the clip on Viper MH light. The 70w version would work fine for that size tank, but you can go with the 150 if you plan on an upgrade in the future.
Depending on the K temp of the MH bulb you use, actinic supplementation may not be needed. There is very little color difference between the many diff manufacturers of actinic bulbs.

Alright, I got my 70w MH 14000k K2 viper light today and it seems to be alot less bright than my 130w pc light. is this really going to be enough light for my 30 gallon tank?

Back
Top Bottom