Would this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ickletas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking that for my centre-piece fish I might get a Jewelled Cichlid but not sure whether it would be ok with what I already have.

I have a 260 litre with

10 Tiger Barbs
4 Siamese flying Foxes
2 Corys (I plan to get another couple in a few days)
2 Blue Rainbowfish
1 Banded Rainbowfish
4 Giant Danios
3 Zebra Loaches
1 Sucking Loach (common not golden)

To be honest what I really really want is a pair of Blue Acara but I think they might be a bit too aggressive (especially if they spawn) even for my boistrous lot so the Jewelled is next on the list :fish2:

The tank is about 40-50% planted with bogwood and a few little hidey holes that I made from rocks (siliconed together so they don't collapse!)

I run the internal filter that came with the tank (Jewel) and also a Fluval 205 (but might upgrade to the 305 in the near future, depending on how many school trips I have to pay for lol).

All my parameters are fine ( Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate > 20ppm, ph 7.2) and the tank runs at 24.5 degrees C.

So, ideally, what I would like is for someone to be able to tell me (in good concience) that I can get the pair of Acara but I will be more than happy with a Jewelled. If neither of these are suitable then some suggestions would be ace as I will be back to the drawing board. :(

Thanks in advance :thanks:

I would skip the jewel and acara's due to tank space and aggression issues, and instead would fill in your cory and rainbow schools. Each one of those species prefers larger groups.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom