Would you keep it or let it go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok guys so I am planning redo #3 (hopefully for the last time) on my 55 and this time I want it to be right but I have one HUGE obstacle that being a Amazon Sword XXL that has quite literally taken over a large portion of my tank it has two flowered stalks coming out above the water line that are well over a foot long. My current ideas for the aquascape I have in mind simply will not allow for this plant as it would imbalance my focal point But I have heard of tanks with show plants as the center piece and I have had this thing since it was a nub so I am not sure which route to take. Forgive me as I am sure most people would just say "want do you want to do" but I feel torn and would like some opinions from the masterscapers who belong to this community.

How about some photos of the plant and your intended scaping design. Just of the top of my head if it doesnt fit, but you want to keep it, you could do a vase like design, with just enough space for the plant.

lol...:facepalm:.

Yeah a picture WOULD be helpful I imagine. I will snap a pic and post it as soon as I get home tomorrow evening. Thanks

Ok so after receiving a photo from my house sitter this morning and seeing the plant completely covered in BBA I have decided I am going to remove it from the tank. Here is my design for the rescape, however I am having a problem envisioning what plants would look good where. I would gladly accept any and all thoughts/advice I know I just don't want any more plants that grow that large in the tank.

Attachments

• NCM_0034.jpg
    NCM_0034.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 78
Really? I hadn't considered selling it as I didn't figure it would be worth anything, was just going to drop it craigslist and give it away.

No or the stone, but I based the drawings off a two pieces of Manzanita I found for sale...Thinking of going with Seiryu stone for the rock

Back
Top Bottom