wow worst morning of my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol I dont think any new tank is gonna have a guarantee for a piece of rock falling and breaking the glass. Unless its a bullet proof glass tank I guess haha.

Oh and thank your lucky stars thats the worst day of you life...

Glad you didn't have any other damages. Don't know what's worse right now, having it crack when you are just beginning or having it crack when it's full of livestock, probably the later, but it stinks in the beginning as you are up to your eyeballs in research, building stuff and buying stuff.

What size tank was it? You going bigger?

no i going with the same size i would go bigger if i didnt need all new everything if i go bigger i need a new stand light and hood. its too late tho i already ordered the new tank

In a way in kinda happy about it the old tank was used and had a bunch of scraches in the font glass and the silicone wasn't as nice as new tanks. So I'm gonna consider this as a un-prevented upgrade. U always got to look at the bright side of life

Hahaha that funny. Your right its good cuz then the good cheese not only don't fall on the floor it dosnt end up getting eaten by the dog. It would be a waste of good cheese

Is there anythign that could have been done to prevent this? Would epoxy have worked to glue the rock together to keep it from falling? Not judging or anything...I'm just about to start my first build and would like to learn what could be done to keep this from happening.

Is there anythign that could have been done to prevent this? Would epoxy have worked to glue the rock together to keep it from falling? Not judging or anything...I'm just about to start my first build and would like to learn what could be done to keep this from happening.

Well a bib could have been used to prevent it. Oh, you were not talking about the cheese dip were you. :lol: Actually, I have heard of people using epoxy to glue the structure together. The draw back is you can't move stuff around to suit your coral at a later date.

Yeah good point. Something to think about though. Since others have used epoxy, am i correct in asuming epoxy is safe for aquariums once fully cured?

StarskreamX82 said:
My little nephew has been trying to catch my fish and the other day he moved the filter over to the side so all the water was spilling onto the hood and down to the floor. I lost about 4 gallons before I saw what was going on. lol

My son once lifted the lid of my canister filter. So the water was pumping out onto the floor. I lost about 4 or 5 gallons onto my floor. Bit went through the upstairs and leaked through my ceiling tiles onto my basement floor. What a mess!! Don't ya just live kids :). I have a lock on the door now!!

AquaRick said:
Yeah good point. Something to think about though. Since others have used epoxy, am i correct in asuming epoxy is safe for aquariums once fully cured?

I hve never done it but I suspect you would need the right epoxy to be sure you don't poison anything

LyndaB said:
What a thing to wake up to. My biggest fear. Well, aside from stairs and hairy moths, that is.

Hope you figure it all out and can save your fish!

Hairy moths ??????

Hahaha hairy moths. Well actually it was my fault I think it was a combo of my drain plumbing it was under stress from the pipe being cocked out and the rock falling was just what triggered it

Back
Top Bottom