WTB: Ghost Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phazeshyft

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, I am looking for some ghost shrimp. none of the LFS in my area carry them. I am actually heading to NYC on Thursday and wondering if anyone knows any LFS there that have them.

I am in New Jersey near Red Bank if I can pick up that would be better than shipping.

Thanks

there are a total of 3 petsmarts within ten miles of me and they have a grand total of 3 ghost shrimp. one says they should have more on thursday. I didn't even think to check there.

Thanks Jim

You could try finding a LFS that has them. I would go through the phone book and make some calls. $0.35 for a ghost shrimp seems a little high for my area. It is more like $0.05-$0.10 a piece in my area.

Here too - they are 10 for .99 - my next project was to do a nano tank with just shrimp in it and aquascape it. I LOVE shrimp - but so do my gourami's & cichlids. So I plan to do a tank with just shrimp. SWEET! When they come in to the ONLY place locally here on Wednesdays - you have to get in there with in the 24 hours to get them or run the chance of them being gone.

well i found a place that has em for 20cents each. they use them for feeders which is why I didn't see them when I browsed their livestock the other day. prolly pick up a dozen tomorrow.

tropicqurium sells them for 20cent each cuz i live in eatontown and that place is by costco in ocean

just got back from tropiquarium, picked up 20 ghost shrimp, 8 of with have egg cluthes. now i dont know what I want to do with em. do I separate the ones with eggs and possibly increase my population, or let them into the tank and let my fish feed on the babies?

You can isolate the berried ones in a separate tank but you will need to provide some tiny food for the baby shrimp. They like moss to hide in a eat little bits of things that is in the moss.

Back
Top Bottom