x-mas moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ostrichkiller

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey i know that i have not been on in a while but i have a question, i am sorry if it has already been answered and i couldn't find it.

i am reading alot online about using x-mas moss over java moss. from the pictures i do like the x-mas better. does anyone have any thoughts or has used it before?

*fixing my own spelling

-Jim

I have some Xmas moss and I prefer it to Java moss. The java moss I had never seemed to grow much and was very limp and stringy. It may have been just the strain that I bought. My Xmas moss is a little coarser and stiffer but seems to grow faster also. And it does grow in those fir-tree-like branches like a xmas tree. It is very pretty but hard to find. I got mine on Aquabid.com last year sometime.

My java moss grows bigtime, even in a 2.5 bowl kit from petco for my beta, but my xmas moss seems to need more attention. some turned brown.

added flourish and floursh ec 10g tank with 4 neons 2 tequilia sunrise guppies.I have store default 15w 10k sunlight so dyi co2 isnt needed correct?

Never grown it myself but I've heard that it does well in some situations where Java moss struggles. Love to hear your experience with it.

Back
Top Bottom