XBox Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

umramgirl86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok guys, don't panic. I know to not keep a betta in a 1 gallon, but I put him in there for picture sake. I have ordered a yellow shrimp for this tank and am getting a couple live plants to replace the plastic one, but I wanted to show off my Xbox tank that I had been working on. What do you think?

Attachments

• image-4078470065.jpg
    image-4078470065.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 402
How did you do that!!! I have an old Xbox at home and now you're making me want to copy you :)

That is a pretty neat idea. I was just looking at a "computer tower" aquarium that I stumbled upon. It wasn't a real aquarium, just a convertion kit for a tower that uses mineral oil to cool the PC and encase it in an aquarium tank look. Totally voids warranty LOL.

Thanks everyone! I had a broken Xbox at home, so I took it apart and took all of the guts out (wasn't very hard at all). I bought some acrylic and silicone from lowes, cut and glued the pieces. Then I used a dremmel to cut the viewing window. I then siliconed the tank to the viewing window and put the Xbox casing back together. I added a green led flashlight from Walmart for now to light it. When you lift the top gray gate off, you have access to your light and can feed and do water changes from there.

That's really neat. This may be a good avenue to persuade my gamer hubby into more tanks. ;)

A few more pictures

Attachments

• image-1352042299.jpg
    image-1352042299.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 347
  • image-1433443174.jpg
    image-1433443174.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 307
Really creative! Looks great and is it your birthday? :lol: Just saw some wrapping paper in the background.

obscurereef said:
Really creative! Looks great and is it your birthday? :lol: Just saw some wrapping paper in the background.

Ha! Well, my husband's birthday was in July, but we have this one strange friend who just gave him his gift yesterday. Good eye though ;)

umramgirl86 said:
Ha! Well, my husband's birthday was in July, but we have this one strange friend who just gave him his gift yesterday. Good eye though ;)

Better late then never haha

wow that's awesome. very creative and very marketable. maske domes money off that

The sump is 10x bigger than the DT :lol:. Very cool idea also, but that's a crazy amount of supplies/money just for that little box.

Nice job but how many gallons? And what are you going to use as a filter?

Origamgam said:
Nice job but how many gallons? And what are you going to use as a filter?

It is a one gallon tank. Unless someone has a better idea for shrimp, I can't really find a filter for a one gallon. I thought about putting an air stone an running the tubing along the side of the tank inside an though the existing hole for the power cord and then hooking it to the air pump. I know it's not a filter, but at least it can provide flow and oxygen. Beyond that, just pwc every week is my plan.

Back
Top Bottom