xenia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misskeeter2766

Aquarium Advice Freak
so I am doing some considering for my next purchase ( in a week or so )
and I was wondering about xenias.
I found a website that listed the top 5 best corals for beginners, and it was on it... I watched some videos, did some research, and now I'd like to ask for input...

I really like the look of the white pom pom xenia. Is it more difficult than the regular brown one?

where in my tank would be the best place to put it?

saltwaterfish.com sells a 1.5" frag... if I get that, assuming my water quality stays good, how long will it take it to get big enough to really be interesting? lol. .. I'm not too happy with the current look of my tank (maybe I am missing the blenny to focus my attention on) ...

I don't know that I associate any xenia as harder than any other, it's remarkably easy to deal with. I have xenia in several places in the tank, and no one spot seems to make it happier than any other. That 1.5" frag will grow like a weed. It shouldn't take long to get big.

One thing about Xenia though is that it can quickly become a pest. It can spread like Aiptasia. Also some die within weeks and others get along great. Thats just a weird thing about Xenia. Why not also try some:
Zoas (lots of bright, vibrant colours)
Mushrooms (lots of colours)
Those are also really easy corals. :)

:) I got some frags for both already...
:) although I think I need to get more... most of my frags came in dead

yeah.. got them from ebay.. they were not shipped well... that will teach me to try to go the cheap route...woke up this morning to find two of them (that I suspected were dead anyway) eaten off the plugs... I suspect the emerald crab... especially since the dead frags were covered in algae and there is now no trace of the hair algae that came on my rocks. ... stuck a little grazing disc thing in there .. hopefully that will keep him away from the LIVE frags.

Back
Top Bottom