Xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would hold off on the corals till everything is stable for a few more months. Just to be safe. It sounds like the move kinda through everything out of whack.

I started with xenia when my levels were Ca 350-365 and alk of 2.5 meg/L. It is not a Ca demanding coral. That said, my xenia gows well in my main tank but does not fare so well in my nanos. I think it is just a maturity thing. My nanos are somewhat new.

What sucks is that LFS around here want $32 for a stalk of xenia. You can't sell it back once it grows since they gow there own.

My LFS takes'm back from me for $8 and sells'm for $24. I give'm nice thick stalks, yet others they have are rather scrawny. Same price though.

AT least they give me the small fragging rocks for free. :roll:

Well I must say that I "think" I know what caused my rock to do lose some of its color. In my first tank I went from a 2 bulb NO Flor (80 watts) to 440 watts....that tank was very mature and was ready for the lights. Now I have a tank that i had to do a massive water change basically AND added brand new lights that are a LOT closer to the water than before. Some of its looking better and better each day now that I had the holidays to really look it over. I have a lot of feather duster growth that I didnt have before my tank move.
Over the holidays I added another 220 watts of lights so now im up to 660 watts of VHO lighting. Plus I added a small cluster of green polyps and they are doing very well. I really think the new lights right next to the water and closer to the rock has bleached the coraline...it was a huge change from my other tank....
Anyway, we will see how the new addition takes it...

I am fighting some Bleaching of my coraline right now. but I have a standard hood light right now. So who knows really whats causing it.

:|

well mine didnt startuntil I changed tanks...so at least I know its related to this in my case...

Back
Top Bottom