xp3 - power jet nozzle or spray bar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtnee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting ready to buy a xp3 I plan to run it on my 55gl for a bit before I get my 75gl I intend to use it on. Reading the instructions ahead of time online to get use to how it works.

I hear many say they use the spray bar. Anyone use the power jet nozzle? Pros and cons on this?

Trying to figure out what I want to do....

Most planted tank folks will use the spraybar over the power jet nozzle. In order to make a decision, you have to decide what type of circulation and surface agitation you want.

I use the power jet because I don't like the spray bar in my tank. I want minimal equipment showing so it was an obvious choice for me.

I run the spraybar because I like the even circulation accross my tank.

Matter of fact, I have 2 spraybars connected together to give me a 24" outlet.

Splitting off witha 'Y' or 'T' connector was exactly what I wanted to do, so I could have a spraybar on both ends of the tank along the back.

No reason why this can't be done, but you'll have to get some plumbling parts & make the y-connector yourself. <Depending on your hose diameter, irrigation parts may fit. Otherwise, you'll have to use PVC parts (white, for drinking water).> There are several recent threads on the DIY forum on this subject.

I have a question about the spray bar.

What angle to the water do you aim it? Directly down? Perpendicular? Or at a 45 degree angle?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom