Xtreme Fish Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyd

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been watching a bunch of vids and researching a lot trying to plan out changing my cichlid tank. While watching KG Tropical's videos, he mentioned xtreme fish food. Looking it up on amazon and it seems really good, better than omega one and NLS (which is what I'm currently feeding).

Has anyone here used the food before or heard of it? What do you all think?

Amazon description and link:
Slow sinking, No Hormones, Made in USA, Easily Digestible. 1-1/2mm pellet - Krill, Shrimp, Fish, Herring, Squid, Spirulina blue-green algae, Green Pea, Rice Meal, Wheat Flour, Distillers Dried Grains with Soluables and Brewers Dried Yeast.

Amazon.com: Xtreme Aquatic Foods 2132-AA Cichlid Peewee Fish Food: Pet Supplies

Looks good. I used to feed cheap flakes and pellets for a long time, then read that they were sooooo bad for the tank and fish and blah blah, so I switch to NLS. I have been feeding that for almost a year now and there is no difference in color of the fish, growth rate of the fish, or the water parameters. So I'm not sure how much it really matters.

What type of food do you recommend for a freshwater tropical tank???

I feed my betta fish the Xtreme Betta formula, in addition to the Omega One Betta Buffet pellets and the NLS Betta formula Pellets. I rotate them and my bettas love it!

I also have some white gold cloud minnows that I feed the Xtreme flakes to. Again, no problems and they inhale the stuff. I also rotate the Xtreme with the NLS small fish formula and Ken's flake food.

All of my fish do really well with the Xtreme and I would definitely recommend it. ^_^ Hope this helps!

I also like to rotate between 3 or 4 different brands. Even throw in the occasional tetra flakes.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

Xtreme is what I use with my cichlids and their colors have popping since I started using it 3 months

I did switch to xtreme shortly after posting this. Colors are great and fish have been a lot more active. Also, a problem I was having with one fish has stopped completely (seizure like).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom