Y’all I really need some help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mollyfry21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, this is the first time that I am seeing my Molly like this.
I am still under the assumption that she may be pregnant but I’m not too sure after seeing her scales like this.

I really hope you can see these screenshots clearly as I could not upload the complete video. Thank you!

Attachments

• F6D83A2F-9679-4FC6-8FF4-A3DB59294E3A.jpg
    F6D83A2F-9679-4FC6-8FF4-A3DB59294E3A.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 8C6E0B61-EE5F-49C6-BA13-B11D83AD0471.jpg
    8C6E0B61-EE5F-49C6-BA13-B11D83AD0471.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 752A5B63-6E5A-4F79-8118-CDB8584AC577.jpg
    752A5B63-6E5A-4F79-8118-CDB8584AC577.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 17
1. Female Black Molly. I’m not too sure what’s wrong with her. I’m under the assumption that she’s pregnant but I recently noticed that her scales are turning a dull silver on both sides.

2.Nitrate (is normally in the safe zone around 40-50 but recently reached 80 after the water change, so I normally drop some primer in the water to bring in back down)

Temperature: Steady 78 F.
Nitrite:0
Water Hardness: Hard 150
Ph 7.2

3. I have a 15 Gallon Tank set up for 1 1/2 years

4. Aqueon 15 gallon filtration

5. 6 other fish in the tank (2 female black mollies, 2 female Dalmatian Molly, 2 Silver Molly Male/Female) They are a pretty decent size

6. I just recently cleaned the tank 2 days ago and normally do a clean every 1 to 1-2 weeks and remove about 40% of water

7. I have had my 3 black mollies for almost a year in May. The other fish were bought a month ago.

8. I haven’t added anything new recently

9. I normally feed them fish flakes and treat them to vegetables every once in awhile

The high nitrates after a water change are showing that your water change water is high in nitrates also. I'm assuming that your water change water needs to be treated. This will keep your nitrates at an acceptable level.

I also treat the water change water prior to adding in to the tank

Are there any signs of the fish flashing, rubbing itself against tank decorations, substrate, like its scratching an itch?

Looks like a fungal infection to me. Can you quarantine the fish?

Prime wont do anything for your nitrate. It does claim to detoxify nitrate for a period, but it wont remove it. I would also take their claims of detoxifying nitrate with a huge pinch of salt. Seachem can provide absolutely no evidence that it detoxifies nitrate, and their own website says they can provide no chemical mechanism for their product to do this. I would look into why your nitrate is high, and as meluso has suggested it could be coming out of your tap.

Or, high nitrate could be the result of high ammonia, and you havent included ammonia in your reported water parameters.

She’s been acting pretty normal other than going up for water a few times which has been happening for awhile now even though oxygen flow seems to be good. I’m currently trying to quarantine her in a smaller breeding box to see if that makes any changes.

My ammonia level is currently 0

Back
Top Bottom