y splitter for flexible plumbing that has shutoff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackBlasto

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone know of a product like this that has a shutoff on it so I can control which way the water goes (either to the left, or to the right)? Thanks for any leads, I've been googling all night now looking.

Attachments

• y.JPG
    y.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 151
These seem to be very common for a Y with a shutoff valve. Problem is I'm trying to attach it to 3/4 inch flexible tubing from a pump, thus the type of connector really doesn't fit in this form. I'd have to do some creative modification and I can't really visualize how to make this type of thing connect to tubing. The pic that I posted in my earlier post above would fit the tubing perfect, I just can't find ANYTHING like it with a shut off valve.

Attachments

• ynogo.JPG
    ynogo.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 277
It would actually to be easier to use the insert wye and then put a small ball valve on each branch. Doing it in one fitting is going to be tough since you are going to have to adapt the hose to the valve using FPTxInsert adapters, which are tough to find too.

Back
Top Bottom