Yay! I think my amazon sword made a baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yea! Sorry, I'm kind of out if it, lol

I have a java fern too, but no plantlets, with this new plantlet, it's going to be the 4th amazon sword in my 29 gallon!

I have a java fern too, but no plantlets, with this new plantlet, it's going to be the 5th amazon sword in my 29 gallon!

I have three swords in my tank already, so if I get any plantlets I might just let them grow out a little then see if I can get some store credit for them at my LFS. They have a pretty limited selection of plants (very little, but I get my fish from them) so I'm sure they'd probably appreciate it.

Yea there you go, I planned on having two, I bought one, but then I bought another one and a surprise one came in the tube :dance: two for the price of one! And now this plantlet!

I have three swords in my tank already, so if I get any plantlets I might just let them grow out a little then see if I can get some store credit for them at my LFS. They have a pretty limited selection of plants (very little, but I get my fish from them) so I'm sure they'd probably appreciate it.

Yeah, I know how that is. I have 2 privately owned lfs that are absolutely amazing for fish but the only place in town that sells plants is pet smart. Thankfully there are places like AquariumPlants.com I ordered 8 plants and they should be getting here friday! :)

I have a java fern too, but no plantlets, with this new plantlet, it's going to be the 4th amazon sword in my 29 gallon!

I'll be excited if mine would stop floating all around! I put tons of gravel over the roots, turn my back and they are at the top. I am going to get root tabs tomorrow. I just read 100 posts about fertilizers, and I'm too lazy to make my own. :) Congratulations, on your baby plant!

Thanks!

You should have at least 2 inches of substrate for plants, maybe it's floating because you don't have enough substrate?

Try using tweezers to place the plants into the substrate. That works best for me. If all else fails you can buy plant sinkers.

Yeah, I know how that is. I have 2 privately owned lfs that are absolutely amazing for fish but the only place in town that sells plants is pet smart. Thankfully there are places like AquariumPlants.com I ordered 8 plants and they should be getting here friday! :)

I know right? It's shocking! I went to look for plants and asked one of the guys and all he said that they had were the ones in the tank and to grab him if I saw anything I liked. They were all sad melting high light plants, while I have sort of a low/med tank.. I got my swords and java fern from Petsmart because there's not much of anywhere to go other than my friends LFS that's 20 minutes away.

Yea, it's a pain to plant my Anubias nana without planting the rhizome, grrrrr!

With that try completely burying the roots including the rhizome, pack the substrate down around it, and then lightly pull the plant up until the rhizome is above the substrate level.

Yea, I live in a big city, El Paso tx, so my petsmart is about 1.5 miles away, you know what plant I love, anacharis!

Thanks for the tips on planting the Anubias! This is how it currently looks, lol :/
img_2600484_0_ea2e76111bb645d6850c0969ccfa15c5.jpg

Yea, I live in a big city, El Paso tx, so my petsmart is about 1.5 miles away, you know what plant I love, anacharis!

I live in a medium sized town, Midland, MI so I have all of two pet stores (Petsmart and my LFS) while my friend lucked out 20 minutes away from me with her LFS a block from her house and another tropical fish store and Petsmart not too far away as well! She has some decent quality stores and it makes me green with envy.

Hah lucky!

Well, petsmart is a mile away, my LFS called Noah's arc, is on the other side of the mountain( El Paso is divided by a mountain), which is roughly 15 miles away, and petco is in another city, las cruces, which is 60 miles away

I live in a medium sized town, Midland, MI so I have all of two pet stores (Petsmart and my LFS) while my friend lucked out 20 minutes away from me with her LFS a block from her house and another tropical fish store and Petsmart not too far away as well! She has some decent quality stores and it makes me green with envy.

So your friend likes the 2 LFS in Mt. pleasant as well? Does she ever mention how much they hate each other?

They have both said they wouldn't buy anything from the other guy ever.

The owner of one actually accused the other of going to rival fish stores with a bottle of ammonia and spraying it in all the tanks about 10 years or so ago.

Soo much hatred! :ROFLMAO:

They have both said they wouldn't buy anything from the other guy ever.

The owner of one actually accused the other of going to rival fish stores with a bottle of ammonia and spraying it in all the tanks about 10 years or so ago.

Soo much hatred! :ROFLMAO:

I actually never heard about that! I'm surprised!

Back
Top Bottom