Yellow lab, sick or pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikid88

Aquarium Advice Freak
Might be a stupid question, but I've only ever bred koi.

There's 2 yellows that have been in the tank the longest. 4 more about 1.5" smaller were added last week because I thought the 1 yellow was chasing the other. Wanted to even out aggression a little, because the bully yellow (only one with a dark black stripe on it's anal and pelvic fins) only chases the other yellows.
Today I was watching the bully chase the others, not relentlessly, plenty of cover on the sides and bottom. Then I noticed the other larger yellow acting strange up in the top corner underneath a floating plant, near the heater. She sometimes moves to the back top corner where there's a vertical rock. She almost swims almost straight up though, which worries me, but normal if I startle her.
Meanwhile, the bully is chasing the others, he nears her in the corner and I say uh oh. But then he (thought it was a she until it developed those black stripes a couple weeks ago) just sniffed her and hung around for a second, then flared and chased the rusty away.
He does seem more aggressive then usual, but I did just recently add the other yellows.

There's no signs of damage/injury on the sick/pregnant yellow, but the anal fin is white, don't recall that. I read somewhere that's a sign she's holding, but the vertical swimming doesn't seem normal.

Back
Top Bottom