yellow poo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvoid

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all. First time post so be gentle. I have looked on the forum but can't find a specific answer. My danio has yellow poo which looks like it has bumps in it. I have attatched a photo which hopefully show my issue. There are danios guppies loaches and black phantoms in my tank. The black phantom tetras possibly have the same issue. What the best course of treatment?

Thanks in advance!

ForumRunner_20111128_192226.jpg

Hi and welcome to AA!
Just a few questions to help us help you.
What size tank?
What number and type of tank mates?
Is the tank cycled?
What are the parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH)?
What are you feeding them?
How often are you feeding them?
Do you feed anything else in addition?
Are there any other symptoms your forgot to mention?

Hiya.
Its a 125 litre tank that was cycled about 8 months ago.
In total there are 11 fish.
API master tests show that the ph was 7.6 / Ammonia was 0 / Nitrite was 0 / Nitrate was 20 ppm).
We are feeding them flakes - though we have used pellets that sink for the loaches. To start of we we were overfeeding them but once we realised this they now get fed every 2-3 days.
We have had 4 danios in there since the tank was cycled - this was followed by 4 black phantoms and 2 loaches. Recently we also got 4 guppies and a bala shark. The morning after we introduced the shark and guppies we found one of the guppies had died - the following day a danio had also died. The bala shark went back (though I have read a lot about them not being aggressive). I am wondering if the new fish that are remaining (guppies) are responsible for bringing somekind of bacteria into the tank?

It is a possibility the new fish brought something into the tank. I will let someone else tell you what they think of that I've had no experience yet (touch on wood!).
One more Q. What color is their food?

The flakes we use are multicolored - the poo is definitley not their normal poo that's for sure. Looking at it again it looks like a series of joined up balls. All the fish (apart from the loaches) seem to be having the same problem all of a sudden!

Back
Top Bottom