Yellow Tang bulllying my Harlequin Tuskfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like normal aggression after adding a new fish. Give it a few days to see if things settle down. Tangs are notorious for this behavior, they should be the last addition to any tank.

Just an enquiry, but how large is the tank? Is it of sufficient size for the tusk to be able to get away from the tang? Enough rocks and caves for hiding?

90g i really overstocked but watever, anyways their getting along fine now, the tuskfish is swimming around alot.

oh, well, if you don't care, then I guess I won't either. Good luck with them. From your first post, you asked if you should be worried. I wouldnt worry about a thing....

My tang wouldn't stop chasing my parrotfish after I added him (the parrotfish).

Lucky for the parrotfish, I had to put the tang in QT for a week to treat for black spots. When I put him back in, he was much less aggressive towards the parrotfish, but instead now, just follows him everywhere like a little brother would. Once in awhile he'll flash his tail against him, especially if the parrotfish is lying down in his hiding space, but for the most part they get along well now.

Just my two cents, from a relative n00b, but maybe consider putting the tang in QT for awhile, so when you re-introduce him to the main tank, HE's the new guy.

Anyone else use this method when a non-agressive fish is showing agression?

When I put him back in, he was much less aggressive towards the parrotfish,

I have heard this works well for an "established" fish, that if you QT them, when you reintorduce them they think they are the new kids on the block.

+++EDIT+++
DOH!!! Sorry, I didn't read your whole post before I responded. But I have heard that it will work...

Back
Top Bottom