Yellow tang help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regan_tyler

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't seem to get my yellow tang to eat the green seaweed he seems to just eat some of the Algea out of the substrate how can I get him to start eating the seaweed?

julian sprung has red/purple/green algae sheets available. i noticed with my tangs at first that they wouldnt eat the purple algae, but loved the green. after a month or so they started eating both. now they dont care.

Well I'm just worried like he doesn't even try to go after it and I don't want him to starve I live in Alaska and I'm pretty limited on the types of fish food the have unless I order it.

You need to feed it like any other fish, seaweed is a supplement, not their only food source. Mine like pellets, mysis and brine.

I make my own food and once I started doing that my herbivore fish eat meat and my meat eaters eat the veggies. Win win.

Try some spinach or romaine lettuce. I feed my tangs this a few times a week. They love the fresh veggies. Creates more waste as the tang has a short digestive system, but it keeps them bulked up and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom