Yellow tang red dotts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are small but he has one Bloch of red I can't take picks because he is way to gas he loves food :banghead:

Nope not really but my friend is picking me up some fish medicine for bacteria and stuff

He got me seacem what is ozone and chemical filtration

About 5 months old I he has a stress line I got him about 2 weeks ago I feed him marine food brown algea clip flakes a big variety of food I just added metronidazole he eats like a pig hopefully he starts to feel better he is about 3- 4 inch we can only hope for the best I add prime regularly to keep nitrites and nitrates and ammonia down he also has a lot of hair algea to pick on I recently added a fluval 406 the ph is at 8.0 I need ph stabilizer/buff I also have a protuberant skimmer sea clone 1000 rated for 100 gallons I did a water change today lets hope for the best

About 5 months old I he has a stress line I got him about 2 weeks ago I feed him marine food brown algea clip flakes a big variety of food I just added sea clone metronidazole he eats like a pig hopefully he starts to feel better he is about 3- 4 inch we can only hope for the best I add prime regularly to keep nitrites and nitrates and ammonia down he also has a lot of hair algea to pick on I recently added a fluval 406 the ph is at 8.0 I need ph stabilizer/buff I also have a protuberant skimmer sea clone 1000 rated for 100 gallons I did a water change today lets hope for the best

Your yellow tang is most likely stressed primarily due to tank may not yet have a stable water parameter and not big enough for him. That red spot has the same symptom of a worm parasite. I would suggest to move him to quarantine tank for treatment.

I have a fish only tank with no liverock or lives how can there be a worm ( not sarcastic just wondering)

Parasites can be present on live rocks and when fish is stressed the immunity goes down and become vulnerable to all kinds of disease. Fish can also have it with them before you got them.

It could be HLLE, which does not have any absolute causes, but a lot of fairly good speculation. Its usually due to stress ( which this Tang will always have due to being in a smaller than recommended tank), poor water conditions (how are your parameters and how frequently do you do water changes ?), poor nutrition (sounds like you are ok here), stray voltage (not sure for you) and one study showed that using carbon filtration lead to this (something about it filtering out something that Tangs need).

Also, you mentioned no live rock? Hopefully you have some great mechanical filtration and you are on top of cleaning that every few days (weekly at worst), because just having sand for BB will for ably not cut it for biological filtration.

I have great mechanical filtration fluval 406 for 55 gallon long I do a water change 1-2 times very 2 weeks

Mechanical filtration has its down side. If not cleaned regularly, they become nitrate factories. What are your parameters and where are they usually by the time you do water changes?

Stress seems to be the biggest factor in HLLE. You have a Tang that should be in at least a six foot tank with lots of rock to graze on and hide in. It is in a tank half the minimum suggested size with no rock. The poor thing is going to be stressed and will very likely continue to have health issues.

The least he can get is skin infection. Since your tank is fish only I would lower salinity very gradually to reduce stress for "hippo salinity" treatment.

Back
Top Bottom