Yikes Convict Fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pton46

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well,

After the normal morning feed I got my coffee and decided to sit and watch my 60 gallon before heading to my office (I moved to the basement ...I work from home three days a week) anyhow...I noticed that the Parrots and Convicts were no where to be found. I peered in closer and I noticed the 2 Parrots in their cave looking tense and the Cons near their with a lot of uneaten pellets lying around.

As I looked closer...darn about 40 fry.:banghead:....they must have happened overnight and I thought I got rid of the eggs the last vac since I changed the decor.

I have a 10 gallon QT tank is it easier to move the Fry and Parents to that or move to the Parrots to an 75 gallon Oscar Tank temporarily? I did not want the Fry but I don't want to cull them either. I am sure my Local LFS will take them eventually. I'll need to figure out which one will have to go with the kids.
My QT tank is set up and (while empty) the filter was on a 2 weeks on my 30 gallon so it is pretty much cycled at this point.

I never had to deal with Fry since I always would just buy one fish of each species typically. So Breeding is new to me

I know Convicts breed like crazy but when I got them they were unsexed so I had no idea until the past month.

Back
Top Bottom