YO YO Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip0204

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have experience with Yo Yo loaches (Lochatacha Loach) ? Ive recently purchased four ( two two weeks ago 1 last week and one last saturday) theyall seemed very healthy and eat wonderfully and swim around like crazy. Up until today I've had no problems. Today I notcied that one of the loaches who was somewhat bigger than the rest to ebgin with is now laying under a rock cave laying on its side doing somersaults like a dog in the rock bed. when I fed the fish this afternoon he came right out and was an active eater like the rest. but then right back down into his cave and alyed on his side. I took a flashlight and flashed it on him and he perked back up as if nothing was wrong. I read online several sources that clown loaches do this from time to time and are resting. I would however like some more reasuring information on the topic. The loaches are in a 50 gallon tank that has been established since August with a variety of fish who all get a long somehow. This summer the fish will be getting divided into another 55 gallon tank I will have. Over population and water paramters are not an issue here and for the most part ive only seen one loach laying like this thanks for the help advice and information

yep, typical loach...I have a Hora's (skunk) loach and it'll lay on just about anything near the bottom...he just lets the current push him over on his side, and eventually he gets back to being a normal fish

just making sure..... the people at pet supplies plus didnt sound like they had a clue why they were doing it .... but then again i should of known that seeing how the didnt even know what they were to begin with. The only other pet store around me right now is petco and they dont carry the loaches. but they all seem happy today and were all out swimming last night so if they like laying on their sides and upside down and in any crevis they can find Ill have to quit worrying about them thanks for the info

Mine was doing that today in the middle of my "creekbed", ended up he was rolling in an algae wafer that he must have been on all night.

Im about to order a few more for my tank, unless I can find out if peacock eels are compatible with my other fish.

Back
Top Bottom