You decide - what fish do I get next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish4phil

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had my 36g freshwater for 2.5 years now, looking for a change. I haven't bought new fish in awhile. Here's what I want at minimum, help me decide what other fish to get :) I'd love one "main attraction", bigger fish (that doesn't eat the smaller guys)

AqAdvisor - My 36G Fish Tank

(6) Guppies
(3) Zebra Danios
(2) Sunburst Platys
(8) Panda Cory
(1) Bristlenose Pleco
(8) Harlequin Rasboras

Guppies are beautiful fish but I tend to shy away from them because of their tendency to be overbred and be very fragile by the time they get to your aquarium. I'd maybe sub in some extra platys instead. They provide beautiful color but are far hardier than guppies. I'd also sub in 3-4 ottos for the Pleco. They're far more active, smaller, and cleaner.

As for the rest of your list, I love it! I too have a 36 Gallon tank and have a very similar stock and honestly I don't really miss the centerpiece fish that you are looking for. Everyone gets along great in my tank and there's tons of movement and color!

This is just my opinion and do with it what you want. I look forward to seeing your fully stocked tank

I've had my 36g freshwater for 2.5 years now, looking for a change. I haven't bought new fish in awhile. Here's what I want at minimum, help me decide what other fish to get :) I'd love one "main attraction", bigger fish (that doesn't eat the smaller guys)

(6) Guppies
(3) Zebra Danios
(2) Sunburst Platys
(8) Panda Cory
(1) Bristlenose Pleco
(8) Harlequin Rasboras

My opinion is to get more zebra danios or platies. Most fish do much better in groups and frankly,I think a tank looks better with schools of fish of the same species rather than one of this and one of that.

Back
Top Bottom