you have to read this ridicouls story I heard today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
src said:
If you ever watch those documentaries about the desert/african plains, they always show a "rainy season" segment, where it pours rain for a couple of days, ponds/lakes/rivers appear, and then all of a sudden they are filled with fish/frogs/etc. that would seem to have come out of nowhere. It is not uncommon for eggs to remain dormant until the right conditions occur. Granted, you don't think about guppies/etc. being hardy like that, but nature has a way of taking care of itself when given half a chance.
That's what I figured happened, but Guppies are livebearers, so I can't see that happening with guppies.

Creamhorses said:
Interesting that when tanks go into hibernation or neglect, the water and substrate are not always removed Can't imagine moving a good size tank without removing all that weight.

Anyway, my tale is of a 90 gallon left in place, with lights out, heater off, water left to evaporate only adding water only to hide white stains from calcium lines on glass. Anubias plant lived, and is currently growing in same tank today after bringing tank back to active use. To the best of my knowledge, the plant is 20+ years old.

CH

ps Is it possible that guppies could survive in moist gravel?

Now that's crazy! Anubias plants have always seemed so fragile to me!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom