You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you dump your girlfriend because "fish are stupid and don't do anything" then take the money you were going to use for a date and buy new fish.

When you are the main supplier for fish and all things aquatic to your local fish store and aquarium.

Just a question... How many of you have fish that will follow you or swim up to the front of the tank when they see you? Mine do it and I love it, my husband finds it interesting but funny. My fish will also follow me when I walk by, they will also follow my hand.... I think it's cool :)

I once had a pair of angels that would follow me around but no one else. Anyone else could come up and look, and they would go about their business. I came within a couple feet and they greeted me like hungry puppies. That was what convinced my ex, who thought of fish as "decorations that pooped" instead of interesting pets, that fish can be pretty smart and worth keeping. Then when I moved the tank into my new apartment with my current boyfriend the same pair convinced him of the same. Although he thought having fish was pretty cool even before that.
Now my pufferfish and my Bettas follow me around when I come up to their tank.

And you know you love aquariums when you request time off of work to acclimate the new fish that is coming in the mail.

When you're secretly excited for your eldest child to move out so you can convert the extra room into a fish room. *hides face*

When you're secretly excited for your eldest child to move out so you can convert the extra room into a fish room. *hides face*

Good one lol! When I move into my apt this summer/fall, I'm setting up a fish room. And since my mom owns the apt building, I'll be on ground floor so no worries about a huge tank crashing through the floor.

When you look at your Aquatic Life pH Controller every time you walk by the tank.

When you name your fish.

When you use a Python Gravel Vaccuum.

When you use Algone.

When you do water changes at least once a month. :):fish2:

When you look at your Aquatic Life pH Controller every time you walk by the tank.

When you name your fish.

When you use a Python Gravel Vaccuum.

When you use Algone.

When you do water changes at least once a month. :):fish2:

Water changes once a month? I do water changes once a week at minimum and some of my tanks twice.

When you test your water peramiters once daily sometimes twice just to be sure the water conditions are great.

Seeing 40 ppm on a nitrate test for fresh water or 20ppm for salt water is grounds for an immediate water change. Even 15 ppm on salt water is iffy about waiting another day.

When you are actively searching for a new house, going as far to follow a credit counselors advise, just so you can have the floor and room for a monster tank.

When you consider buying land near a lake so you can build a pen to allow your fish to grow in

When ur contemplating geting one of all the common size tanks up to 200 just for fun

Back
Top Bottom