You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starka said:
Catch and release. Just think, you're just feeding the fish...with a strings attached. ;)

I've always enjoy fishing, though watching them swallowing the hook is never fun :(

Ugh, I remember in the summer we had a family reunion and we were fishing and my cousin caught a fish. It was a juvenile bass and he got the entire hook stuck in his.'tongue'. My uncle tried to get it out but he jerked it a little to hard and it didnt end well.....Needless to say I'm scared and haven't fished since lol.

GuppyLover said:
Ugh, I remember in the summer we had a family reunion and we were fishing and my cousin caught a fish. It was a juvenile bass and he got the entire hook stuck in his.'tongue'. My uncle tried to get it out but he jerked it a little to hard and it didnt end well.....Needless to say I'm scared and haven't fished since lol.

No kidding, that would scar me too.
When I caught my first fish, I thru a full on tantrum because I didn't want to touch it. Something about it being dead and bleeding. I was around six at the time, mom of course took pictures of the whole thing ;)
Everyone was just laughed at me including my little boy cousins, of course. Lol

Starka said:
Catch and release. Just think, you're just feeding the fish...with a strings attached. ;)

I've always enjoy fishing, though watching them swallowing the hook is never fun :(

I like fishing too but it's just taking the hook out and cleaning them. I have always wanted to go deep sea fishing in cabo. I looove eating fish too

When I was little we had a stocked pond on our property, so I was fishing from the time I could hold a rod and reel, and I went out with my dad to fish even before that. Haven't been fishing in a few years though, I miss it.

Tcal01 said:
I like fishing too but it's just taking the hook out and cleaning them. I have always wanted to go deep sea fishing in cabo. I looove eating fish too

Ooo that sounds like fun!

When you forget your boiling wood when your accumliating new snails...oops lol

Tcal01 said:

I don't really mind cleaning fish. If I catch them, I make sure they have a quick death and somebody is going to eat it. I love eating fish too. I don't believe in pure sport fishing unless it is catch and release with no injury done. Not only do I not mind cleaning the fish I catch, but my younger cousin and I once dissected a fish we found floating in the local canal back when the local waterways were having a major die out due to pollution or a red tide, can't remember which as this was about 12 years ago. think I was 10 and she was maybe 7 or 8. I'm sure the neighbors wondered why two girls were sitting in the driveway gutting up a smelly dead fish. Why? For science! I had a microscope and thought I could get some cool slides.

When u ransack your three year olds dresser looking for nylons to put over your filter to save fry from into the cave if no return.

fishyperson3010 said:
My lfs over here in the uk keeps its bettas in tanks just like all the other fish just slightly smaller

Ditto here, and I'm in the u.s. it's two rows of half gallon tanks, each with its own betta :)

When you leave your bottle of prime next to the sink because let's face it you know your doing a water change on a different tank tomorrow .

My apologies if this has already been stated but:
You know you're an aquarist when you are not feeling well and you describe your symptoms as having Fin & Tail Rot, Ick, Loss of slime coat, dropsy or that your skin feels scaley. (I believe I've had them all!!! )

Andy Sager said:
My apologies if this has already been stated but:
You know you're an aquarist when you are not feeling well and you describe your symptoms as having Fin & Tail Rot, Ick, Loss of slime coat, dropsy or that your skin feels scaley. (I believe I've had them all!!! )

Lol I believe you!

When you're supposed to be doing homework and eating dinner but instead you are researching the best way to combat blue-green algae.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom