You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More I think about it the funnier it is lol

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your fish poops and you quickly bust out the net before it hits the gravel.....

That's a good one! I've never done that but I bet it's pretty dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't do it either but I bet a complete nerd would lol

If feeding your fish leads to a PWC, and that leads to rearranging your tank, which leads to trimming plants, which leads to a trip to the LFS to sell the plants, which leads to buying new fish, which leads to those fish breeding, which leads to more fish, and all that finally leads to a new tank.

On that note.

If feeding your fish leads to a PWC, and that leads to rearranging your tank, which leads to trimming plants, which leads to a trip to the LFS to sell the plants, which leads to buying new fish, which leads to those fish breeding, which leads to more fish, and all that finally leads to a new tank.

(y)

(Yesterday I had 8 tanks to care for, today I have 9)
How did I get there?
I was asked to buy a female betta, so I go shopping. The betta were nice. So I got the betta. Ummm, I got four betta, because they were nice. So I have 3 betta, which I didn't really need but they are nice. . .

When you get into an argument with your classmates about whether rams have horns or not until you realize that they're talking about mountain sheep and have probably never heard the word "Mikrogeophagus"...

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

I honestly think this dream is exclusive to me, but whenever I go hiking I think of how cool it would be to find a pond full of aquarium fish that I recognize.

Hi me defiantly a nerd too:lol: The local fish shop look forward to my visits as I spend too much money in there,plus talk all day about new set ups,new idea's and even helped out with the odd customer quire :angel:

I honestly think this dream is exclusive to me, but whenever I go hiking I think of how cool it would be to find a pond full of aquarium fish that I recognize.

Not just you. I remember being absolutely floored to find a pond in Virginia full of fish that looked like plain guppies, turned out to be mosquitofish! Kept a handful of them in a 20 gallon for a while.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When you're watching a movie/TV show and the first thing you notice is that aquarium in the background with only the corner showing.

When you're watching a movie/TV show and the first thing you notice is that aquarium in the background with only the corner showing.

Same! A couple shots of the show Dexter have a tank in the background, and I always wonder what's in them, what happens after to the tanks after the show is filmed, and what kind of filtration they have :lol:

Same! While watching "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?" all I can pay attention to is the planted discus tank in the background.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

If while in Petco you help steer a newbie away from some donated clown loaches. I happened to over hear one of the fish managers(who I know is a good lady and does all she can) trying to persuade a total newb trying to stack these six inch clown loaches in a ten gallon. I quickly interrupted about how big they get and how aggressive ( yes I know, I lied but what can you do????) They are. Said her neons would be lunch lol! Thankfully she left with tetras.

Not just you. I remember being absolutely floored to find a pond in Virginia full of fish that looked like plain guppies, turned out to be mosquitofish! Kept a handful of them in a 20 gallon for a while.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh there are tons of them here. They just won't die. I kept them before I knew what I was doing, back when a water change every few months was "enough". They thrived.

Back
Top Bottom