You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might be an aquarium nerd if you have blood worms in your freezer...and more in the fridge. Hope my family pays attention when they grab a snack.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes indeed, I've been in the hobby for almost 4 years now and have 4 tanks. Within that time I know I've probably put in over 3000.00 dollars. A third of that was on things I thought I needed and really didn't. Lots of mistakes are made in this hobby as well, so fun and addictive though.

Man, I can relate! I have boxes of "crap" that I'll never use/need!

Man, I can relate! I have boxes of "crap" that I'll never use/need!

I guess, Cycling product, water clarifiers, some tests kits you doN't use anymore, hoses, air tubing, old airpump, co2 diffuser you'll never need, KH+ products, PH- or PH+ products, aquarium salts, methylene blue, medication like malachite green, formalin, furan-2, pimafix, melaxif, etc...

Wich All of what I stated is my case... But thoses products may be usefull in a specific case overtime...

You proudly take pictures of your water test results, much to the ridicule of your wife.

(Pre-PWC parameters)

Attachments

• IMAG1209_1.jpg
    IMAG1209_1.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 128
When you turn 12 and you go to an aquascaping show for your birthday instead of getting a video game.
When you almost cry tears of joy when your parents let you buy a new aquarium.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My account is nils_laicher, I have a lot of pictures of my tanks on there. I really need to clean up some algae, although I did pick up three amano's today from PetCo (sorry don't yell at me) but they were last resort for algae! Oh, also I'm a nerd because I have an extra ten laying around and I stay up till 11 drawing up plans for the future fiddler tank....

Oh well I can keep dreaming of the day I turn 18, run out the house, be free, get an apartment and fill it with aquarium stuff lol. Jk that won't happen but I will get more tanks when I'm 18.

Nils

You look at the entertainment center and wounder how many fish tanks it would hold.:lol:

When you turn 12 and you go to an aquascaping show for your birthday instead of getting a video game.
When you almost cry tears of joy when your parents let you buy a new aquarium.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Omg I LOVE this!! It's soo true!!! I didn't even know they had aquascaping shows! I need to go to one lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

My parents are fine with having four aquariums in the house, because I buy everything and take care of it myself, and they don't have to do anything.

You know your a fish nerd as a mother when you're 9 year old boy doesn't want to go into lfs anymore. He also says fish are boring. I always tell him to have respect because they were here before humans.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You know your a fish nerd as a mother when you're 9 year old boy doesn't want to go into lfs anymore. He also says fish are boring. I always tell him to have respect because they were here before humans.

Lol I love this one! Just like me and my little brother when i want to go to PetCo across from Bestbuy where my parents are going, I usually get him to go with me though.
I'm only allowed to keep 2 tanks running right now, plus a hermit crab tank. If I didn't have siblings, then i'd have more because my mom says it's not fair for them to see me get all these pets (I hate referring to them as pets) and that they don't get anything. Well, newsflash, if they actually wanted an aquarium or anything then they wouldn't be sitting around saying my fish are stupid, and then it's my fault again for them not having anything, and the cycle continues. Sorry for the rant, I'm sure others face the exact same problem I do.

Nils

Lol I love this one! Just like me and my little brother when i want to go to PetCo across from Bestbuy where my parents are going, I usually get him to go with me though.
I'm only allowed to keep 2 tanks running right now, plus a hermit crab tank. If I didn't have siblings, then i'd have more because my mom says it's not fair for them to see me get all these pets (I hate referring to them as pets) and that they don't get anything. Well, newsflash, if they actually wanted an aquarium or anything then they wouldn't be sitting around saying my fish are stupid, and then it's my fault again for them not having anything, and the cycle continues. Sorry for the rant, I'm sure others face the exact same problem I do.

Nils

Thanks ! How can something that can breath in water not be interesting!

My teen boys are the same. I think I'll try that line on them!

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

My teen boys are the same. I think I'll try that line on them!

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

I'm the only one in my family that has ever owned an aquarium besides my father back in the day owned a saltwater when he was stationed in Guam, tells me his octopus always tried to escape lol. I would love to have a family member that took even a slight interest in fish keeping.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

When I go to the lfs with my 4 year old, I can't get anything done or look at anything or have a conversation with my fish guy because she goes crazy looking at, touching, wanting to feed, wanting to buy, wanting to show me EVERYTHING. Mama look! Mama come here! Maaaammaaa!

4 year old to fish guy; "Excuse me, we want to buy a "uney goami" (honey gourami), then has a melt down when I tell her we can't get a gourami because the tank isn't cycled. Sobbing in fish store; "whhhhhy does it take so darn long for the tank to cycle!!??
She also gets really excited when I feed the fish blood worms. "Mama! He just sucked it right up!"

I almost wish my kid was bored of fish, lol. Then I could go to the store myself!:facepalm:

When your puffer seems a little glum and you immediately do a water change, and when do a water change on your main tank because your cory's aren't showing full coloration on their dorsal fins.....my fish life. By the way, your lucky to have someone so interested in fish, especially a kid. My mom is the only one who will come into my room and even knows that I really like my fish. My dad and my brothers barely even know what kind of fish I have, and the one they do know is catfish. Whatever as long as I enjoy it lol.

Nils

Back
Top Bottom