YOUR clowns personality thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Reply to this thread with stories, experiences, or just the over all personality of your clown fish!:D

I have a pair of black and white clowns in my predator tank and they are the rulers of my 85g tank. They are a naughty pair. Anytime you wanna put you had in the tank they are attacking you and have to be right there watching what your doing.

I have two Percula Clowns... They don't go anywhere but the upper left corner in the back of my tank above my powerhead. They even squeeze between the powerhead and the glass when I turn the lights off at night. I swear they could survive in a 2 gallon tank since they use so little of my tank! It's a crack up!

Cubswin17 said:
I have two Percula Clowns... They don't go anywhere but the upper left corner in the back of my tank above my powerhead. They even squeeze between the powerhead and the glass when I turn the lights off at night. I swear they could survive in a 2 gallon tank since they use so little of my tank! It's a crack up!

Me too!! Especially at night the squeeze in between the glass and wall with the magfloat and sleep. One sleeps straight up, and the other straight down and sleep together. But are always curious as to what I am doing. I look into the top of the tank and both of them look straight up to me. Also they know when they are gonna get fed. It's crazy!!

My clowns host anything and everything! They have hosted zoas, feather dusters, colt corals, bubble corals, RTBA, and even my frogspawn. I joke all the time that my clowns are gypsies!

My clowns host the left 1/4 of my 75 gallon and host a piece of LR lol. They have moved most of the LS from under it and actually sleep in the cave on the underside of the rock now, and if you shine a flashlight on them one will back out and poke its head around the corner to check things out. They also spawn on the back side of the rock and don't usually venture too far from their corner, unless its time to eat. They were my first 2 fish and became a mating pair. The most popular saltwater aquarium fish for a reason, I think they're awesome.

While we're on the subject of clowns, does anybody else have a clown with a "bad fin" like in finding nemo? One of my clowns does and I was wondering if it was just a coincedence lol. He's so adequately named...you guessed it...nemo, thanks to my 6 year old lol

THe first clown I had I swear was missing a few brain cells. He always looked like he was dying. He'd lay on the sand on his side, no fin movement, then, he'd jump like he was hit by a cattle prod, lift about 4 inches off the bottom and swim in place for a minute or so, then go back down and lie onhis side. Yet, when food came around, he was right there, swimming normally and eating anything he could get. Right after he was done eating, back to the bottom he'd go, to lie on his side again. I los thim due to a tail nip, presumably form one of the Peppermint shrimp, and a power loss that had the tank temp down to 60 degrees...I think between the tail nip and the temp drop he couldn't handle things.

The new clown I have, (just can't get away from them :)) is stil in quarrantine with a new blenny..they arrived on the same day. I had read that a blenny likes something to hide in so I put a small "toy" together using PVC and a couple of elbow connectors. The blenny sits on one side and the clown "hovers" in the other. Every now and then, they swap sides by swimming to the other side inside the tube or the clown hovers on top of the blenny if they happen to be on the same side.

This clown is also a strong eater and is right at the lid when it is time for feeding. He also likes my cat. She sits at the tank front and he comes out and touches his nose to the glass right under her paw. Drives her crazy that she can't get to him and he just sits there and taunts :)

my ocellaris clownfish are quite friendly surprisingly nice. but they still take up the front right corner in my tank. :) they also take turns in the anemone :) i love it when i put my finger to the glass and they swim up and follow it

Cubswin17 said:

My clowns do the same thing,they even turn on there side so they are up against the top of the water.

I have a mating pair of percs which live and sleep in a terracotta pot until a clutch is born,then the male stays there and the female sleeps on some live rock behind the pot,my 2 picasso clowns sleep next to the overflow box at the top left and during the day stay next to a powerhead in the opposite corner.

I have a pair of occelaris clowns in my 90 gallon reef that have not been mean to any fish, even the Midas Blenny. They even share a hole to sleep in!

I am getting a pair of B&Ws for my future 29 biocube :)

Back
Top Bottom