Your favorite aquarium.. reef or fresh planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floridaman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to know what everyone likes the most.. a salt water reef or fresh water planted..

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Like to upkeep or look at? Haha planted aquariums are SO EASY compared to reefs. Reefs look way better to me, but I told my wife that if we want a salt water tank, it will not exceed 20 gal. Haha

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love watching both but I've never had a saltwater tank before and most of my tanks are planted so planted would obviously be easier to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This is just my personal opinion....
While we will never be able to duplicate mother nature's environment for our fish in a tank and as many years as I kept saltwater tanks, I always felt a SW tank is the most unnatural environment we can create for fish and invertebrates. So I did the change to freshwater and I personally enjoy looking at a nice, peaceful, planted community tank these days.

This is just my personal opinion....
While we will never be able to duplicate mother nature's environment for our fish in a tank and as many years as I kept saltwater tanks, I always felt a SW tank is the most unnatural environment we can create for fish and invertebrates. So I did the change to freshwater and I personally enjoy looking at a nice, peaceful, planted community tank these days.
Why do you think that?

I like Planted tanks just because they are unusual to common people. Every one does SW tanks or wishes they had one, its like tropical fish are easier but if SW wasn't so "hard" thats what they would do. Where I actually like freshwater and I like my plants. I like finding rare and unusually and or colorful freshwater fish. Under 1 atinic bulb out of 4 everyone that sees my Turquoise rainbow fish always ask if its SW.

Same with my plants, everyone always assumes they are fake lol, I'm like ohh yeah thats why some stems of my vals are cracked and some are nice and there are runners connecting them underground to other smaller plants lol.

I really don't find my reef tank very hard but I've never really had a planted tank. I hate doing fw maintenance lol. And my reef is much more attractive IMO than most planted tanks :).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom