You're Mine Now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
There have been a few deaths in the tank since I've had it over a year ago. Never any sign of sickness or starvation, and last time no evidence of the fish at all. During the move I took the time to search. I had thought it was a mantis or pistol shrimp because I did hear the "clicking" I guess I could still have one in there, but hadn't seen it. Anyhow, here is the little guy I found. I put him in the sump for now. I couldn't tell which one he is from Crab Hitch Hikers None of them have quite the same coloration or long antenna.

img_1293284_0_d4f32b54022067e744ffed3c1da15fe4.jpg

I was moving my tank into the family room, so in the process of breaking out down I found him hiding a piece of LR. I set it into its own bucket and took him out when I had time. He did NOT want to leave that LR....

well he's in the sump for now, I didn't like the look of his claws :p
What do they eat anyhow?

they filter feed mostly. all crabs are opportunistic, but i've always kept those and have found them to be the most peaceful and closest thing to "reef safe" with claws.
watch him closely, and see if he extends 2 fan-like appendages that he will use as little nets to catch stuff from the water column and bring it to his mouth.

ok, I'll do that, if I can find him :p lots of macro and rock rubble down there.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom