Zebra Danio looks pathetic, HELP!! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

underwaterdream

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 30 gallon fresh water commuinty tank with 1 male betta, 4 zebra Danios, 2 von rio flame tetras, 2 red Mickey mouse platys, 2 dojo loaches, 1 albino Cory Dora catfish, and 12 ghost shrimp..

One of my zebra Danios looks like he's not doing so well, the best I can explain it is his lower abdomin/tail? is shrinking in width and is kind of drooping, I guess? He basically looks anorexic, his two front fins seem a lot bigger than they used to due to him losing weight..? He can swim fine when he needs to, but other than that he just hangs out at the bottom looking pathetic.. All of my other danios are a LOT fatter and way more active.. I attatched a few pictures.

I just noticed this tonight, and as weird as it may be, it freaks me out and makes me sad. I hate the feeling of losing one of my little buddies, is there anything I can or need to do for this fish?

Thanks in advance.

Is he eating when you feed? Maybe being bullied and not getting to the food? You could always take him out and out him in a smaller tank, alone and see if he gets better. Doesn't look too bad from the pics.

Actually the second pic he looks good to me

underwaterdream said:
I have a 30 gallon fresh water commuinty tank with 1 male betta, 4 zebra Danios, 2 von rio flame tetras, 2 red Mickey mouse platys, 2 dojo loaches, 1 albino Cory Dora catfish, and 12 ghost shrimp..

One of my zebra Danios looks like he's not doing so well, the best I can explain it is his lower abdomin/tail? is shrinking in width and is kind of drooping, I guess? He basically looks anorexic, his two front fins seem a lot bigger than they used to due to him losing weight..? He can swim fine when he needs to, but other than that he just hangs out at the bottom looking pathetic.. All of my other danios are a LOT fatter and way more active.. I attatched a few pictures.

I just noticed this tonight, and as weird as it may be, it freaks me out and makes me sad. I hate the feeling of losing one of my little buddies, is there anything I can or need to do for this fish?

Thanks in advance.

Can you post your water parameters. Do you have a test kit?

underwaterdream said:
I do not have a test kit..
I just woke up and he's dead. :/
Thank you tho.

You really should invest in one to make sure your water is safe. API freshwater master test kit on amazon for around 20 bucks and around 30 at petco. How long has your tank been set up?

You really should invest in one to make sure your water is safe. API freshwater master test kit on amazon for around 20 bucks and around 30 at petco. How long has your tank been set up?

I will look into it.
It has been set up for roughly 5 months

Back
Top Bottom