Zebra Danios ( Are they Sick )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Parker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I have three Zebra Danios and three Painted Tetras in a week old 20 gallon tank. The smallest Danio seems to just hang out in one place all the time and only putting out enough effort to keep himself there. He is still very peppy once the largest Danio finds him and chases him around the tank. After the short chase he goes back to hanging out in one spot again.

My amon. is well under dangerous levels and I also do 25% water changes every day to keep things in check during cycling.

Is this normal behavior?

Well this can't be good,

I noticed a change in color of the water today when I was doing my pwc, after seeing this I did a 50 % change. Good diea, bad idea..what else should I do?

Attachments

• pail.jpg
    pail.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 163
good idea on the water change. If you don't have anything in the tank like driftwood that could change the color of the water, it could be an algae bloom. Just keep up your pwcs and don't over feed your fish. There is also a black out method where you block out any light from entering your aquarium for something like three days(?) that is supposed to help.

More danios will relieve the stress on the smallest, but definitely wait until you have your other issues resolved (aquarium issues, not bad romances or your mother not hugging you enough as a child). Sometimes the color in the bucket is from stirring everything up. Hold a white piece of paper behind your aquarium and then you'll have a better idea what your water looks like.

Back
Top Bottom