Zebra Danios, too fast to be caught?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Komodo

Aquarium Advice Activist
In one article I read about Cichlid aggression, it recommends adding to the tank some Zebra Danios or Australian Rainbowfish to distract aggressive fish. Is this a good idea? Apparently they are too fast to be caught.

Fish that are used to put other fish at ease are called dither fish. Adding a school of such fish can have a big impact on a cichlids behavior. It's sometimes recommended for fighting cichlid pairs, as a way of uniting them.

I have zebra danios and rainbow fish. When they get going, the danios are quite fast. The rainbows are the biggest fish in my tank and when needed, they will put the queen and giant danios (tank bullies) in their place.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Danios blow... theyre constantly moving with no apparent motivator aside from their ADHD fueled insanity... if you have a big tank? Think I remember it's a 100 gal?? And a couple bucks to spend....drumroll....Congo tetras!!! Ultimate dither fish, beautiful in good numbers, 10+

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom