Zero coraline algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I set up my tank in July and I don't have one drop of coraline algae. My rocks area all basically off white. I have no bad algae at all either but I'd like some purple.

Why would I have none? My LED lights too bright? My glass litterally does not have one speck. Werid...

Calcium and alkalinity levels have to be in the normal ranges, especially calcium. It will start spontaneously when conditions and time are right. Then your problem will be chiseling it off of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thats the thing, I'm OCD about my cal and alk. I have dual dosers going off once an hour to maintain calcium at 420 and alk at 9. I've read that intense lighting may stop it from growing, thus my thought on my LEDs. I hear purple up is a waste so I haven't looked into it...

Seems like everyone has a some organism that doesn't immediately thrive, from mushrooms to coralline. Try adding a seeded rock from another tank, maybe in a more dim section if you think the lights may be too intense.

I'm sure this isn't an issue, but temp swings seem to be pretty good at killing coralline as well.

You must have coralline for it to spread. If all your rock is white buy a a rock covered in coralline and in time it will spread

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom