Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fissidens fontanus is a great moss.
Your tank is a piece of art. Hardscape works well with the appropriately size foliage.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow when I replied I guess I missed that update.

Like fresh and TT said, it looks awesome! You've gotten some great growth out of the Monte Carlo and that hair grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fissidens fontanus is a great moss.
Your tank is a piece of art. Hardscape works well with the appropriately size foliage.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you!! I am really starting to enjoy looking at the tank now. I was a little concerned there for a while. Now that things are balancing out I'm happy.

Wow when I replied I guess I missed that update.

Like fresh and TT said, it looks awesome! You've gotten some great growth out of the Monte Carlo and that hair grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Monte Carlo is fast becoming a favorite plant for me. I really love how it is growing on that wood. I have it in a few other places in the tank including right next to the sand path. It's starting to creep there, I'm hoping it will fill in and make a nice low ground cover working up to the staurogyne repens.

I have had to trim the hair grass a few times. It is really taking off now.

I've got moss!!!

Fissidens
vsjSKWk.jpg

Vesicularia sp Triangle
DVZeO4a.jpg

I'm excited! - I'm not going to keep both on this piece of DW, just letting them settle in. The Fissidens will stay.

Haven't had much in the way of updates for this tank in the last few days. Everything is doing well. Plants are looking better everyday. The algae seems to be in check which is great! I am seeing a little die back of the DHG, I did a little reading and apparently this is normal so I'm not going to freak about it.

I have been planning and ordering things for the ADA 60F build and haven't done much with the 40. I did order some new LEDs last night. I am going to add green and red to the light and see how that does for the look of the tank. It's still too blue for my liking.

I have 6 red and 6 green on the way. I'll document the upgrade when they come in. I have considered buying a new heatsink and redoing the light completely. I may still do that.

That's all for now.

Took a few pics of the tank this morning. I haven't cleaned the glass or done any trimming/water changes in several days.

KUlB8Dc.jpg

raolsak.jpg

i3HlGDu.jpg

MJLfnoa.jpg

iRygxeI.jpg

DK8GqIm.jpg

What's the stem plant growing just to the left of the monte carlo?

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have some new residents in the 40B....

EiN3XOt.jpg

tsiKlp7.jpg

XWvxS6d.jpg

ZltUvg9.jpg

chNBTL2.jpg

Blue Eye Gold Neon Tetras and Gold/Orange/Yellow (take your pick) Rili Shrimp

I need to get back to the LFS and buy about 12 more of these guys. They look amazing in the tank!

A FTS - After water change and a little trimming.
r5A4WSN.jpg

It was sold to me as Rotala Indica - narrow leaf. What you see in the pic actually came from the 54g tank.

Thx Ziggy,believed it to be a rotala of sorts along with Skelly..Looks awesome!

I have some new residents in the 40B....

EiN3XOt.jpg

tsiKlp7.jpg

XWvxS6d.jpg

ZltUvg9.jpg

chNBTL2.jpg

Blue Eye Gold Neon Tetras and Gold/Orange/Yellow (take your pick) Rili Shrimp

I need to get back to the LFS and buy about 12 more of these guys. They look amazing in the tank!

A FTS - After water change and a little trimming.
r5A4WSN.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Cool new fauna! Tank looks great!

Back
Top Bottom