Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He'll come back to the salty side eventually...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Whatever the trim schedule you're doing an great job? Does this make you miss salt water?

Eh...Yes and no. I have everything for a SW tank still. That wont change. I refuse to get rid of good quality equipment.

I like the planted tanks for the fast return on investment. This tank is not even 4 months old yet. I couldn't get this kind of growth in a SW Reef no mater what I did.

Hey ziggy how many bps are you running at to get your 1 point ph drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Gotta trim the S. Repens....

Ym108We.jpg

mhcQKlm.jpg

UO541Qx.jpg

Looking good ziggy! Are those albino neon tetras? Always wanted some of those!

Now I see how you are a "neat guy", tanks look awesome!

Yes! I didn't think they would do this in FW. I thought they only bred in SW...

Well, they can have eggs in fresh water, but like ghost shrimp the eggs hatch first into a larval stage of life and then in brackish water develop into baby shrimp. In nature, the shrimp live in mountain streams and travel to brackish water bodies to have release eggs. Normally, I just take amanos having eggs as an indicator that they love your tank and it's healthy.

Well, they can have eggs in fresh water, but like ghost shrimp the eggs hatch first into a larval stage of life and then in brackish water develop into baby shrimp. In nature, the shrimp live in mountain streams and travel to brackish water bodies to have release eggs. Normally, I just take amanos having eggs as an indicator that they love your tank and it's healthy.

Yeah I did some reading after I posted. I'm not even going to try and deal with getting them to survive. Way more work that I have time for.

I am so freaking jealous of your tank...lol. Mine looks like dog poo compared to this!! I really need to invest is some good equipment and soon!

Back
Top Bottom