Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I didn't feel like messing with the GoPro so you just get a few stills....

The water is not as clear as it could have been. Lots of bubbles in the tank from the plants....anyway here are some pics of the tank after the water change and trimming...

TKvtv74.jpg

KIfQLP0.jpg

Piflp03.jpg

SDlVzPT.jpg

G2H8YzR.jpg

ygnInlE.jpg

Well I didn't feel like messing with the GoPro so you just get a few stills....

The water is not as clear as it could have been. Lots of bubbles in the tank from the plants....anyway here are some pics of the tank after the water change and trimming...

TKvtv74.jpg

KIfQLP0.jpg

Piflp03.jpg

SDlVzPT.jpg

G2H8YzR.jpg

ygnInlE.jpg

Superb!

sit in silence...

How quick can things go downhill if something upsets the apple cart. Just a generic question related to high tec tanks. I'm guessing that the plants are running a maximum capacity so if something is off then it can get out of hand quickly? Has something like this happened to any of the high techies? I'm considering injecting myself. Will probably start s Q and A thread if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice video Ziggy!
You know you're doing something right when others choose to mock their tanks up after yours...

sit in silence...

Yes caliban, that's why I no longer have my bml at %100;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How quick can things go downhill if something upsets the apple cart. Just a generic question related to high tec tanks. I'm guessing that the plants are running a maximum capacity so if something is off then it can get out of hand quickly? Has something like this happened to any of the high techies? I'm considering injecting myself. Will probably start s Q and A thread if necessary.

I think the beginning stages of the tank are more liable to go wrong than after it is established. I can't speak for others and their tanks but mine is monitored and controlled by a computer. If things start to go out of whack I have alarms set that will shut things off based on the params.

I am sure there are things that could go wrong, and cause big problems rather quickly but I don't know what they might be. The only thing I can thing that would cause a huge problem is if my CO2 went nuts and flooded the tank with too much. As I said I have alarms set so if my pH drops below 6.05 my controller will shut off the CO2, same thing with the heater, too high and it will shut off.

I think the beginning stages of the tank are more liable to go wrong than after it is established. I can't speak for others and their tanks but mine is monitored and controlled by a computer. If things start to go out of whack I have alarms set that will shut things off based on the params.

I am sure there are things that could go wrong, and cause big problems rather quickly but I don't know what they might be. The only thing I can thing that would cause a huge problem is if my CO2 went nuts and flooded the tank with too much. As I said I have alarms set so if my pH drops below 6.05 my controller will shut off the CO2, same thing with the heater, too high and it will shut off.

Thanks for the reply. I was think thinking more along the lines of lack of co2 or a nutrient deficiency. I know there are measures to prevent this I was just curious how rapidly they could strike. I guess once such a problem was corrected recovery would be just as quick.

Ziggy. Could you just give a quick list of the equipment you use to control co2 so I can go research? Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I was think thinking more along the lines of lack of co2 or a nutrient deficiency. I know there are measures to prevent this I was just curious how rapidly they could strike. I guess once such a problem was corrected recovery would be just as quick.

Lack of CO2 will cause algae growth to spiral out of control. I had that problem in the beginning with this tank. Several people on the site suggested I crank the CO2 up, which I did. After a little tweaking and getting a new pH probe I was able to fine tune my CO2. I am dosing ferts to the tank as well, daily using the PPS Pro method. I have an auto doser that is also controlled by the computer that takes care of this for me. I do have concerns there as a pump could fail and I could be either over dosing or under dosing. I do check the levels of my ferts (in the containers) daily to see that they are infact dosing. Correctly? I don't know that for a certainty.

Back
Top Bottom