Ziggy's Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My RO/DI unit totally soaked me today. Guess I need to visit Lowes and Home Depot again tomorrow.

Pumps are soaking in vinegar. Wow my PHs looked like a mess. Figuring out how I'm going to do the fuge and sump under this tank is going to be a challenge. I think I will make a 5g fuge that has a small pump pushing water up to it and let it gravity flow back into the sump.

Still have to plumb the return and the drain lines in. Man to I love having a RR tank. Beats the heck out of having to deal HOB overflows.

More to come

So what are you gonna do with the stuff in storage? Gonna sell it to try to get ahead or just keep it? Need to post the plans for the hood here, i am curious to see how your gonna do it. Cant wait and need more pics.

So what are you gonna do with the stuff in storage? Gonna sell it to try to get ahead or just keep it? Need to post the plans for the hood here, i am curious to see how your gonna do it. Cant wait and need more pics.

I'm going to keep the stuff I already have. I have enough room in my storage unit that it isn't an issue. As far as the hood is concerned I'm going to mimic the stand. Something simple probably mostly open on top to allow heat out.

I haven't drawn it up yet but I have a good idea of how I will build it. It's not going to be anything really fancy.

Oh yeah. A shot of the MJ mods soaking in vinegar solution.

041ys.jpg

They are nice and clean now. The Mag 7 I'm going to be using as a return did it's stint in the vinegar today. It looks practically brand new.

I cleaned off my first powerhead in vinegar as well, and it looked decent afterwards. (It was used and had a good amount of coralline on it.) Now, my Mexican Turbo keeps it even cleaner than it was after I got it out of the vinegar! Oh, I love my cleanup crews. lol

Ok so I have amassed more stuff for the tank. I have all the plumbing parts needed, well alomst, I have salt, pumps, powerheads, sand, rock is waiting for me...

I have decided to paint the sides/back of the tank. Since it is a corner tank and has a curved front with flat sides and no back to speak of I am going to paint the sides to just keep the focus on the front. Back to the debate of black or blue. What ever color it is gonna be it's getting done today. This tank needs some water in it!

I've always wondered what color the sides should be as I want to paint the back of mine. I like the idea of blue because is it does remind me of water :) Now the shade is a whole 'nuther story!

Are you going to use spray paint or roll on? What brands? I'm courious! :)

I've always wondered what color the sides should be as I want to paint the back of mine. I like the idea of blue because is it does remind me of water :) Now the shade is a whole 'nuther story!

Are you going to use spray paint or roll on? What brands? I'm courious! :)

I always use spray paint and I usually get Krylon.

I have done Black and the bright blue that you see at fish stores. On my 120 I did a color called Peekaboo Blue, it was a light blue and gave the illusion of looking off into the water (while diving). It was kinda nice. I haven't decided what to do this time around because the tank is pie-shaped there will be a lot of painting. I'm going to go look now and then hang out with Pat8you and friends.

I'll post tonight what color I decided on.

So I decided to go with "True Blue" for the paint. Tomorrow the actual build begins. I have everything I need to get the tank started.

Dark blue it's going to be. I have to take the tank out of the apartment to paint it and right now it's raining here so I can't do much painting. Have to wait for it to stop raining. And yes Pat I know I can start the LEDs, gotta go get a new soldering iron today.

You killing me Smalls!!! Your killing me!!!!!...LOL.. Where are the updated pictures-- Your such a tease... :)

Yeah got busy with work and things got put on hold for a day or two. I now have all the plumbing to run the simple sump to get the tank going. Adding in the fuge will be a different story and will require a little more work but that can come later. I still have to get the tank out of the apartment to paint it. Rain and work have set me back there. Tomorrow I'm going to put a bid in for a maintenance program for 3 tanks for a lady and that is going to put me down for another day. Progress is moving slowly.

All understandable delays, as this is a hobby, not a life-threatening thing! Can't wait for progress though! Since you are going to try to go skimmer-less, are you going to go with an algae turf scrubber?

Back
Top Bottom